BC Girls Baseball Pre Season Development Series is Back
BC Girls Baseball is again offering Pre-Season Development Series’. This year, the program is designed for girls, and other genders not specified here, aged 12 & above - focusing on baseball skills for all abilities while encouraging confidence, resilience and of course lots of fun! Our goal is to provide a safe and challenging environment for girls to learn, practice and play baseball. We will focus on the 6 tools of baseball during our Winter Training:
- Throwing (including information about arm care and strengthening routines)
- Fielding (including specific fundamentals on infield and outfield footwork and throwing mechanics)
- Pitching (finding weakness in mechanics and working through it)
- Catching (basics and specifics for any aspiring and current catchers)
- Hitting (we won't be changing swings, but we will give each participant the tools to better their individual swings through reps)
- Hustle (Fitness and Form will be worked throughout each session)
Coaches, driven by leading, helping, & mentoring youth are certified teachers and players from the Women's Canadian National Baseball Team &/or Team BC. Our Head Coach for this Series is Kristy Watson. Kristy, a BC Girl’s Regional Coordinator with Baseball BC, has a B.A., B.Ed., is NCCP Trained, has 10+ years of baseball coaching experience, and is currently trained in First Aid & CPR.
Sessions run once a week beginning January 8th through to March 12th from 7:30pm to 9pm each Saturday at The Ballyard at Sport Central in Richmond.
We hope the girls will get a chance to work hard and have fun with their peers. These sessions will allow for the girls to spend more time together building relationships. We look forward to the opportunity to inspire and work with these girls this winter.
All that’s needed are running shoes, a baseball glove, a water bottle, and an openness to improve and make friends.
Register today and give your daughter the extra confidence by working with the support of a group of role models and teammates. Click here to REGISTER